Most often Moisture Assessments around steam sterilization are done because of an identified wet pack. Upon performing a root cause analysis, you will find there are a number of causes or catalysts contributing to wet packs.
2.5 CE Hours Approved by: CBRN, CBSPD & IAHCSMM
What Will I Learn?
This course will review and educate to the various causes of wet packs, showing that there’s more to wet packs than you think. This course will also review troubleshooting and provide tools to assist you when completing a moisture assessment after a wet pack has been identified.
Upon completion of this FREE CE elearning course, you should be able to:
1. Recognize proper and improper load configuration supporting current standards’ recommended practices.
2. Understand and implement actions to correct load configuration deviations contributing to wet packs.
3. Recognize deviations from AAMI and AORN clinical practice guidelines.
4. Implement proper clinical practices to eliminate moisture events
5. Discuss the importance of sterilizer operation in order to obtain good outcomes.
6. Discuss how the human operation and maintenance of the sterilizer, both good and bad, can affect the desired outcome.
7. Explain the impact steam boiler systems and accompanying components have on sterilizer moisture retention.
8. Communicate and effectively troubleshoot boiler system issues with facility maintenance, SPD personnel and management.
9. Explain the impact the steam system piping and the accompanying components have on sterilization and moisture retention.
10. Communicate and effectively troubleshoot steam system piping issues with facility maintenance personnel and management.